Students must pass exams in 4 topics. Topics must be selected such that two of them are from one subject area and two of them could be from the remaining two subject areas or one of each*. Main subjects and the topics are listed below.
*One of the topics may be selected from the topics of other PhD programs with the approval of the student's adviser.
Subject areas and topics:
- Plant biotechnology
- Plant immunity
- Plant molecular biology and genetics
- Plant nutrition
- Plant physiology
- Applied protein engineering
- Cell biology
- Immunology and signal transduction
- Molecular biology and biochemistry
- Molecular medicine
- Computational biology
- Structural biology
- Computational genome analysis